<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 14, 2005

BRIDGET JONES: THE EDGE OF REASON
Featuring: Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant
Brief Synopsis: Middle aged woman has perfect boyfriend but then gets all twitchy about the relationship.

Comments: The film was ok, Yin Ping much preferred the first one though. Renee was excellent as the air headed Bridget (I can't believe how much weight she put on for the role) although her character is incredibly dim. My wife refused to believe anyone is that dumb! Colin and Hugh do alright as boyfriend and wannabe boyfriend but the script lacked that little bit of ummph for me. There were a few interesting relationship issues brought up, namely trust and committment, but overall there was nothing outstanding. Possibly unlucky to use Thailand as a holiday destination with re: current affairs and I'm sure a Thai prison is much worse than portrayed on screen. I'm also mystified why the 2 men are falling for her when she is completely ditzy because I can't really say I see the attraction. Still one man's lead is another man's gold... or something like that?!
Thing to learn from this film: "I happen to have a high regard for your wobbly bits" or a man who is sleeping with you probably doesn't mind seeing you naked in the daytime.
Rating: 5/10

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?