<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 10, 2004

SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW
Featuring: Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie
Brief Synopsis: Giant robots start appearing from no-where and the Captain along with the reporter, Polly Perkins, try and figure out what the heck is going on.

Comments: Well I watched this film at 2 o clock in the morning so not absolutely exactly what I remembered! It was a very unique film with the graphics and visual effects of an old fashioned style. There were certain aspects that reminded me of an old Humphrey Bogart film (although I’ve never watched one!) especially whenever there was a close up of Polly with her hair shining. It feels very family orientated but not to the detriment of the adult audience. The cast are stellar in their performances and the interplay between the 2 lead characters make the film the success it is. I found the science fiction parts (robots and aeroplanes) very difficult to believe but it was enlightening to watch a cartoon come to life as it were. It’s hard to know what to say but when I came out, I felt quite happy compared to the depressed mood when I entered! Enjoyable for me but might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
Thing to learn from this film: Chewing gum can come in handy when giant robots come to kidnapp you.
Rating: 7/10

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?