<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

FARENHEIT 9/11
Featuring: Michael Moore
Brief Synopsis: The director explores the presidency of George Bush before and after the events of 9/11.

Comments: My first documentary film seen in the cinema and one I’ve been interested to watch (together with Bowling for Columbine which still eludes me) for quite a while. The context of watching the film is interesting as my viewing was a week or so before the U.S. general election was to take place. After watching it, I am amazed how anyone could vote for George Bush! Obviously Michael Moore is presenting points from a very polarized point of view but still many of the issues he raises are still valid (the one concerning how many politicians have sent their kids to Iraq is possibly the most searing in my own memory). It was also a difficult subject to address as troops in Iraq currently fight the war that he presents as led by a dozy president and he manages to not cross too many lines in this potentially volatile subject. Finally it is a subject that is obviously close to his heart as he searches for answers in little nooks and crannies all over the world all the way up to his hometown. An eventful little film that I would find difficult to rate as entertainment (I was very fidgety after 20 minutes waiting for something to happen!) but interestingly informative.
Thing to learn from this film: Don’t ever get on the wrong side of Michael Moore.
Rating: 5.5/10

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?