<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

SHREK 2
Featuring: Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz
Brief Synopsis: The big green ogre and his new bride go and visit the in-laws. Is that ever a good idea?!?

Comments: I wasn’t a big fan of the first one, although I didn’t hate it either, so I was fairly impartial. However despite not strongly wanting to see this sequel, I noticed myself enjoying it as the film progressed. As usual, there were lots of little adult film references for the older members of the audience to spot (Mission Impossible being one of my favourites). Versarchery gave me a broad smile as well. I’m not sure you can say much about the cast since you don’t see them but I thought Jennifer Saunders really got into her fairy godmother role. Antonio Banderas as the cat like assassin was also excellent. And does anyone else think that Rupert Everett sounds exactly like Hugh Grant? Not a must see in my opinion but if you make the effort, you will find yourself happier for it.
Thing to learn from this film: Be careful who you deal with – it may come to bite you back later in life.
Rating: 6.5/10

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?